I just changed a ton of entries to "friends only". This has nothing to do with protecting my writing. This has everything to do with the fact that I have moved RandomKitty to real hosting, and ported all my entries (going back only as far as 2004) to WordPress. There's a method to my madness, I assure you. http://www.randomkitty.net/blog/
Over the weekend, the Fake Steve Jobs' blog - The Secret Diary of Steve Jobs - had a very special guest author. Fake Bono posted several articles until he was shut down and an apology/explanation was put up on Sunday. Who is this rogue, hacker Bono? Valleywag has uncovered his true identity!
Back in 2001 on this date I watched - wide-eyed with shock, disgust and some degree of fear - as two planes were shown again and again on the screen. Two planes being run into buildings. Plumes of impenatrable smoke. Etc etc. You've all seen it. I was at work, there weren't too many people in the office. I was pretty pumped because I'd just gotten my driver's licence (FINALLY) the day before. My father (who also worked there) came in and told us what he'd heard. That a plane had crashed into a building in New York. Someone put on the tv and that was really all we did for the rest of the morning was watch that horrible scene unfold. It was upsetting but unreal.
“Hi, I'm currently at a bar, Smuggler(?) fucking whatever and it's a bar and it's a bar and also it's a bar, ___ its a bar. Additionally I have no idea what to do with this fucking voicemail still. Now there the bar but also a bar and its really ___ and now I'm gonna put a pound.”
1. Leave me a comment saying anything random, like your favorite lyric to your current favorite song. Or your favorite kind of sandwich. Something random. Whatever you like.
2. I respond by asking you five personal questions so I can get to know you better.
3. You can update your LJ with the answers to the questions.
4. You can include this explanation and offer to ask someone else in the post.(crappy wording!)
5. When others comment asking to be asked, you will be able to ask them five questions!
____questions from fulguritus______ 1. Your favorite book- why is it your favorite? Not so much a single volume, as a set. The Dark Tower set of books has been a favorite of mine since time out of mind. It's got everything I enjoy in a story, mysterious characters, dangers untold, highly inspiring settings. It was always a favorite of my father's as well, and it was one of the first sets of books I recall him really talking about excitedly. If I had to pick a single volume, however, it would have to be The Neverending Story by Michael Ende. It's the kind of lush world you can disappear into for hours at a time, and no matter how many times I've read it, it's still emotionally moving.
2. What helps you feel better when you are sad? Change, and laughter. Keeping me busy is one of the best ways for me to sort out my thoughts and feelings. I really like cleaning when I'm upset. It's almost a zen exercise for me. I know all the motions by heart, and as I put things back in order physically, my mind often takes the same path to sort out how I feel. And laughter, of course, is truly some of the best medicine.
3. The worst thing that's ever happened to you- has it brought any good into your life? The Worst Thing, hands down, is the loss of my father. Words fail to express how it weighs on me. Yet it's illustrated to me the importance of caring for those who are still with you, and shown me that I shouldn't underestimate the caring natures of people around me.
4. What's your experience of the divine? Love love love love. No other way to express it. The swelling of love and beauty deep within lets me know there is more to this fragile existence that simple existence itself.
5. If you could go anywhere- right now -where would it be and why?(2 questions, I know) At this very moment I'd love to go back to bed, I'm so tired from being up so late last night. However, that aside, I've had a very strong desire to go back to New Mexico. It's the land of my birth and my father's, and a lot of my family as well. My memories of the place are vivid and downright magical. It's the kind of experience I need in my bones.
My father died last night. I only found out about an hour ago. I don't rightly know what to say other than that right now. IMs are okay. Phone calls are less okay. I'm less apt to talk and more apt to just sob loudly into the reciever. He was stubborn as hell, pretty damn smart, taught me pretty much everything that was worth knowing as a kid. Seems to me that he worked himself to death. I love him so much and he deserved so much better.
Edit: Thank you for the condolances. Still shook up. I'm worried for my brothers. they're so quiet. I'm still very upset. it comes and goes in waves. He has reached the clearing at the end of his path. I pray I never forget his face. I pray I'm worthy to wear my father's (proverbial) guns. Strength and Honor. "I do not aim with my hand. He who aims with his hand has forgotten the face of his father. I aim with my eye.
I do not shoot with my hand. He who shoots with his hand has forgotten the face of his father. I shoot with my mind.
I do not kill with my gun. He who kills with his gun has forgotten the face of his father. I kill with my heart."
“Good morning Mr Bond. This is up wake up call, your making, should you chose to accept it or not, is to open your eyes get up from where ever your laying & go out & do whatever you do, this message isn't gonna self destruct but it will be pretty cool if it did.”